Reception RD 2020 - 2021
Class Teacher - Mrs Daffern
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Whitehead
Each day we will be setting new learning using Tapestry. Every week day we will be sending out 3 videos with linked activities. These will cover Maths, Phonics and Literacy (which has cross curricular links.) We will also be posting some stories and some additional activities which we hope your child will enjoy. Please post photographs or comments on Tapestry. You can also ask any questions via Tapestry or request a phone call via the school office email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Paper copies of the activities we are posting are available from the school office. The next pack will be available on Friday 29th January and will cover the weeks beginning 1st Feb and 8th Feb.
Online Reading books. We have sent your login details to access online reading books at https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk. Please check Tapestry for more details.
Our Curriculum This Term
This term we will be exploring signs of winter through the story 'Blue Penguin'. We will be learning about people who help us in our community. We will be looking at healthy food choices when we read 'Supertato'. Through the texts 'Bog Baby' and 'Journey to the Lost Garden' we will be exploring habitats and creating maps. We will learn about lifecycles and changes in the natural world.
Through daily Phonics we will begin to learn Phase 3 sounds. We will be reading simple words and sentences. We will be applying our phonic knowledge to write words and begin to write simple sentences. We will be practicing correct letter formation using the Read Write Inc letter formation rhymes. We will be building the strength in our fingers to write through various fine motor activites.
We are using Maths Mastery to teach maths. Each week we will concentrate on one number in which all mathematical concepts are explored. This ensures deep understanding of number and promotes the ability to notice patterns and make connections.
From January, Woodland learning takes place on a Monday afternoon. Please send your child in clothing suitable for the forest and wellies on this day. School shoes should be sent in a bag.
PE will take place on a Thursday morning. Please send your child to school in their PE kit on this day.
- Reading Books- Please read with your child each night and make a note of this in your child's reading diary. Please make sure your child brings in their book in every Monday. If your child has read their book at least twice they can also bring their book in to change on a Thursday.
- Home learning will be sent home on a Monday to be completed by Friday. Please upload a picture of your child completing home learning on Tapestry.
- Please upload news from home to Tapestry. The children love sharing and talking about their news with their friends in class!
- PE will take place on a Thursday morning. Please send your child to school in their P.E kit on this day.
- Woodland Learning will take place on Monday afternoon. Please send waterproofs and wellies in on this day. Children may wear a tracksuit on Monday.
- We have snack time every morning. Children are provided with a peice of fruit and a carton of milk (unless you have informed us of an allergy, in which case an alternative is provided).
- Please send a named water bottle into school each day. Children can access this throughout the day.
Thank you for your continued support and here are some other key ways you can help from home:
- Encourage correct letter formation using the formation rhymes.
- Reinforce phonics sounds when your child is reading or writing or play games to spot sounds when out and about!
Phonics Play website contains lots of games to support your child’s phonics development at home:
Topmarks website contains lots of fun maths games to support your child’s understanding of number and shape, space and measure
Reception RD: News items
Reception RD: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Reception RD: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display