Reception RD 2020 - 2021
Class Teacher - Mrs Daffern
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Whitehead
Our Curriculum This Term
This term we will be ensuring that the children feel safe, secure and happy at school. We will be encouraging them to form new friendships and explore their new classroom.
We will be sharing traditional tales 'The Three Little Pigs', 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears' and 'The Gigantic Turnip'. Through these stories we will be exploring different types of materials, construct our own houses using various resources, role play, mix colours, learn about healthy eating, music and compare environments. We will explore the use of different technology and create maps when we read 'Room on the Broom'.
Through daily Phonics we will identify rhyming words, orally blend and segment words and begin to identify intial sounds. We will be practicing correct letter formation using the Read Write Inc letter formation rhymes. We will be building the strength in our fingers to write through various fine motor activites.
We are using Maths Mastery to teach maths. Each week we will concentrate on one number in which all mathematical concepts are explored. This ensures deep understanding of number and promotes the ability to notice patterns and make connections.
Woodland learning takes place on a Tuesday morning. Please send your child in clothing suitable for the forest and wellies on this day. School shoes should be sent in a bag.
PE will take place on a Thursday morning. Please send your child to school in their PE kit on this day.
- Reading Books- Please read with your child each night and make a note of this in your child's reading diary. Books will be given out on a Monday then collected in on on a Thursday. Please make sure your child brings in their book in every Thursday.
- Home learning will be sent home on a Monday to be completed by Friday. Please upload a picture of your child completing home learning on Tapestry.
- Please upload news from home to Tapestry. The children love sharing and talking about their news with their friends in class!
- Mrs Durham (Deputy Headteacher) takes the class every Monday afternoon.
- PE will take place on a Thursday morning. Please send your child to school in their P.E kit on this day.
- Woodland Learning will take place on Tuesday morning. Please send your child dressed for the forest on this day.
- We have snack time every morning. Children are provided with a peice of fruit and a carton of milk (unless you have informed us of an allergy, in which case an alternative is provided).
- Please send a named water bottle into school each day. Children can access this throughout the day.
Thank you for your continued support and here are some other key ways you can help from home:
- Encourage correct letter formation using the formation rhymes.
- Reinforce phonics sounds when your child is reading or writing or play games to spot sounds when out and about!
Phonics Play website contains lots of games to support your child’s phonics development at home:
Topmarks website contains lots of fun maths games to support your child’s understanding of number and shape, space and measure:
Reception RD: News items
Reception RD: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Reception RD: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display