Reception RD 2020 - 2021
Class Teacher - Mrs Daffern
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Whitehead
Our Curriculum - Summer Term
This term we will be exploring signs of spring through the story ‘The Extraordinary Gardener’. We will plant our own seeds, care for them and observe them grow and change. We will learn about different habitats and explore their similarities and differences when we read ‘The Storm Whale’. We will learn about different types of holidays when we read ‘What The Ladybird Heard On Holiday’. We will explore different countries through the text ‘Lyla And The Secret Of Rain’.
Through daily Phonics we will continue to apply our Phase 3 sounds in our reading and writing. We will be reading simple words and sentences. We will be applying our phonic knowledge to write words and begin to write simple sentences. We will be practicing correct letter formation using the Read Write Inc letter formation rhymes. We will be building the strength in our fingers to write through various fine motor activities.
We are using Maths Mastery to teach maths. Each week we will concentrate on one number in which all mathematical concepts are explored. This ensures deep understanding of number and promotes the ability to notice patterns and make connections.
Woodland learning takes place on a Monday afternoon. Children may wear their own tracksuit on this day and will need to bring in named waterproofs and wellies.
PE will take place on a Thursday morning. Please send your child to school in their PE kit on this day.
- Reading Books- Please read with your child each night and make a note of this in your child's reading diary. Please make sure your child brings in their book in every Monday. If your child has read their book at least twice they can also bring their book in to change on a Thursday.
- Online Reading books. We have sent your login details to access online reading books at https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk. Please check Tapestry for more details.
- Your child can also access Numbots using their login details. This will help with rapid recall of number facts.
- Home learning will be sent home on a Monday to be completed by Friday. Please upload a picture of your child completing home learning on Tapestry.
- Please upload news from home to Tapestry. The children love sharing and talking about their news with their friends in class!
- PE will take place on a Thursday morning. Please send your child to school in their P.E kit on this day.
- Woodland Learning will take place on Monday afternoon. Please send waterproofs and wellies in on this day. Children may wear a tracksuit on Monday.
- We have snack time every morning. Children are provided with a piece of fruit and a carton of milk (unless you have informed us of an allergy, in which case an alternative is provided).
- Please send a named water bottle into school each day. Children can access this throughout the day.
Thank you for your continued support and here are some other key ways you can help from home:
- Encourage correct letter formation using the formation rhymes.
- Reinforce phonics sounds when your child is reading or writing or play games to spot sounds when out and about! Encourage you child to write simple sentences or lists. Young children love writing for a purpose. They could help you write a shopping list, some simple instructions or a brief letter to a relative or friend.
Phonics Play website contains lots of games to support your child’s phonics development at home:
Topmarks website contains lots of fun maths games to support your child’s understanding of number and shape, space and measure
Reception RD: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display