Reception RE 2020 - 2021
Class Teacher - Mrs Evans & Teaching Assistant - Miss Butler
- Please send your child into school with their reading wallet everyday.
- Read with your child each night. New books will be given out on a Monday.
- Home learning will be sent home on a Monday to be completed by Friday.
- We encourage you to upload news from home onto Tapestry. The children love sharing and talking about their news with their friends in class!
Our Curriculum This Term
This term we will be exploring signs of winter through the story 'Blue Penguin'. We will be learning about people who help us in our community. We will be looking at healthy food choices when we read 'Supertato'. Through the texts 'Bog Baby' and 'Journey to the Lost Garden' we will be exploring habitats and creating maps. We will learn about lifecycles and changes in the natural world.
Through daily Phonics we will begin to learn Phase 3 sounds. We will be reading simple words and sentences. We will be applying our phonic knowledge to write words and begin to write simple sentences. We will be practicing correct letter formation using the Read Write Inc letter formation rhymes. We will be building the strength in our fingers to write through various fine motor activites.
We are using Maths Mastery to teach maths. Each week we will concentrate on one number in which all mathematical concepts are explored. This ensures deep understanding of number and promotes the ability to notice patterns and make connections.
Woodland learning takes place on a Tuesday morning. Please send your child in clothing suitable for the forest and wellies on this day.
PE will take place on a Friday morning. Please send your child to school in their PE kit on this day.
Thank you for your continued support and here are some other key ways you can help from home:
- Encourage correct letter formation using the formation rhymes.
- Reinforce phonics sounds when your child is reading or writing or play games to spot sounds when out and about!
Phonics Play website contains lots of games to support your child’s phonics development at home:
Topmarks website contains lots of fun maths games to support your child’s understanding of number and shape, space and measure:
Your child has their own personal username and login for purple mash. Purple mash is a fantastic website that provides learning opportunities across the curriculum:
Reception RE: News items
Reception RE: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Reception RE: Gallery items
Reception RE: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display