Reception RE 2020 - 2021
Class Teacher - Mrs Evans & Teaching Assistant - Miss Butler
- Please send your child into school with their reading wallet everyday.
- Read with your child each night. Books will be given out on a Monday then changed on a Wednesday.
- Home learning will be sent home on a Monday to be completed by Friday. Please upload a picture of your child completing home learning on Tapestry.
- Please upload news from home to Tapestry. The children love sharing and talking about their news with their friends in class!
- PE will take place on a Friday morning. Please send your child to school in their P.E kit on this day.
- Woodland Learning will take place on Tuesday afternoon. Please send your child dressed for the forest on this day.
Thank you for your continued support and here are some other key ways you can help from home:
- Encourage correct letter formation using the formation rhymes.
- Reinforce phonics sounds when your child is reading or writing or play games to spot sounds when out and about!
Phonics Play website contains lots of games to support your child’s phonics development at home:
Topmarks website contains lots of fun maths games to support your child’s understanding of number and shape, space and measure:
Your child has their own personal username and login for purple mash. Purple mash is a fantastic website that provides learning opportunities across the curriculum:
We are so very excited to welcome you all into our class RE in September! You can get your child ready for starting school by encouraging independance in the toilet and washing hands, practicing putting on and zipping up their own coat, supporting changing into a PE kit independantly and name recognition.
Reading a starting school book is a great way to begin talking about school with your child. Recommended books are:
Come to School too Blue Kangaroo by Emma Chichester Clark
Starting School by Janet and Allan Ahlberg
Topsy and Tim Start School by Gareth Adamson and Jean Adamson
There will be no PE or Woodland Learning for the first two weeks of term.
Reception RE: News items
There are no News items to display
Reception RE: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Reception RE: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Reception RE: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display