Reception RN 2020 - 2021
Teacher: Miss Nall
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Anderson
Our curriculum this term
This term we will be exploring signs of spring through the story ‘The Extraordinary Gardener’. We will plant our own seeds, care for them and observe them grow and change. We will learn about different habitats and explore their similarities and differences when we read ‘The Storm Whale’. We will learn about different types of holidays when we read ‘What The Ladybird Heard On Holiday’. We will explore different countries through the text ‘Lyla And The Secret Of Rain’.
Through daily Phonics we will continue to learn Phase 3 sounds. We will be reading simple words and sentences. We will be applying our phonic knowledge to write words and begin to write simple sentences. We will be practicing correct letter formation using the Read Write Inc letter formation rhymes. We will be building the strength in our fingers to write through various fine motor activities.
We are using Maths Mastery to teach maths. Each week we will concentrate on one number in which all mathematical concepts are explored. This ensures deep understanding of number and promotes the ability to notice patterns and make connections.
Woodland learning takes place on a Tuesday afternoon. Please send your child in clothing suitable for the forest and wellies on this day.
PE will take place on a Monday morning. Please send your child to school in their PE kit on this day.
Thank you for your continued support and here are some other key ways you can help from home:
- Encourage correct letter formation using the formation rhymes.
- Reinforce phonics sounds when your child is reading or writing or play games to spot sounds when out and about!
Phonics Play website contains lots of games to support your child’s phonics development at home:
Topmarks website contains lots of fun maths games to support your child’s understanding of number and shape, space and measure:
Your child has their own personal username and login for purple mash. Purple mash is a fantastic website that provides learning opportunities across the curriculum:
- Please send your child into school with their reading wallet every Monday. Your child will then take a new book home the same day. Read with your child each night.
- Home learning will be sent home on a Monday to be completed by Friday. Please upload a picture of your child completing home learning on Tapestry.
- Please upload news from home to Tapestry. The children love sharing and talking about their news with their friends in class!
- PE will take place on a Monday morning. Please send your child to school in their P.E kit on this day.
- Woodland Learning will take place on Tuesday morning. Please send your child dressed for the forest on this day.
Reception RN: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display