Reception RN 2020 - 2021
Teacher: Miss Nall
Teaching Assistant: Miss James
Our Curriculum This Term
This term we will be ensuring that the children feel safe, secure and happy at school. We will be encouraging them to form new friendships and explore their new classroom.
We will be sharing traditional tales 'The Three Little Pigs', 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears' and 'The Gigantic Turnip'. Through these stories we will be exploring different types of materials, construct our own houses using various resources, role play, mix colours, learn about healthy eating, music and compare environments. We will explore the use of different technology and create maps when we read 'Room on the Broom'.
Through daily Phonics we will identify rhyming words, orally blend and segment words and begin to identify intial sounds. We will be practicing correct letter formation using the Read Write Inc letter formation rhymes. We will be building the strength in our fingers to write through various fine motor activites.
We are using Maths Mastery to teach maths. Each week we will concentrate on one number in which all mathematical concepts are explored. This ensures deep understanding of number and promotes the ability to notice patterns and make connections.
Woodland learning takes place on a Tuesday afternoon. Please send your child in clothing suitable for the forest and wellies on this day.
PE will take place on a Monday morning. Please send your child to school in their PE kit on this day.
Thank you for your continued support and here are some other key ways you can help from home:
- Encourage correct letter formation using the formation rhymes.
- Reinforce phonics sounds when your child is reading or writing or play games to spot sounds when out and about!
Phonics Play website contains lots of games to support your child’s phonics development at home:
Topmarks website contains lots of fun maths games to support your child’s understanding of number and shape, space and measure:
Your child has their own personal username and login for purple mash. Purple mash is a fantastic website that provides learning opportunities across the curriculum:
- Please send your child into school with their reading wallet every Monday. Your child will then take a new book home on Thursday. Read with your child each night.
- Home learning will be sent home on a Monday to be completed by Friday. Please upload a picture of your child completing home learning on Tapestry.
- Please upload news from home to Tapestry. The children love sharing and talking about their news with their friends in class!
- PE will take place on a Monday morning. Please send your child to school in their P.E kit on this day.
- Woodland Learning will take place on Tuesday afternoon. Please send your child dressed for the forest on this day.
We are so very excited to welcome you all into our class RN in September! You can get your child ready for starting school by encouraging independance in the toilet and washing hands, practicing putting on and zipping up their own coat, supporting changing into a PE kit independantly and name recognition.
Reading a starting school book is a great way to begin talking about school with your child. Recommended books are:
Come to School too Blue Kangaroo by Emma Chichester Clark
Starting School by Janet and Allan Ahlberg
Topsy and Tim Start School by Gareth Adamson and Jean Adamson
Reception RN: News items
Reception RN: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Reception RN: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display