Year 1 1C 2020 - 2021
Year 1 2020 - 2021
Welcome to 1C
Class Teacher: Mrs Carey
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Donaldson (shared across both year 1 classes) and Ms Magee (1:1 support)
While our school is closed, your children's learning will accessed through our new learning platform called Seesaw.. I have added a couple of links containing tutorials on how to use Seesaw effectively that I feel will be beneficial for us all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9FyB1SCbeM https://childwallce.co.uk/seesaw-instructions/
Each day there will be a mixture of daily Phonics, Maths, English and a PE activities to complete. There will be three lessons per week of our blocked curriculum subjects that will change every two weeks (either Science, History, Geography, Art or DT). In addition,we would like you to be practising your weekly spellings and accessing Time Tables Rock Stars so that you can keep your brains super fit!.
In addition to Seesaw, we have joined a new, exciting online reading scheme called Bug Club that is aligned to your child's reading level. As children cannot currently take school reading books home, Bug Club is a fantastic way for them to continue on their reading journey. The books are the same as the ones that we have in school. Please e-mail: email@example.com to request your child's login details for this.
You can access Bug Club on this link: www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
Children should be spending a minimum of 10 minutes a day on Time Table Rockstars. Each week there will be inter- year group competitions with certificates being awarded to the week’s best performer. https://ttrockstars.com/
Please see below some helpful websites that your children can use to further their learning.
- Homework is on a needs basis and will go out on Fridays via Purple Mash online learning.Your child's username and password will be located on the first page of their reading record.
- Spellings go out on TBA and will be tested the following TBA
- Reading books will be changed and given out every Thursday and collected in every Monday. In order to allow for quarantining and sanitising of books, books will not be changed daily for the time being. Please read every night with your child.
Code of Conduct:
We will be looking at three character traits: Respect, Responsibility and Resilience. Any children following our code of conduct will be presented with ‘Dojo points’ which will enable them to receive a reward. Any children breaking any part of the code of conduct will be given a warning, which may be followed by a sanction. At TPS we have a code of conduct that all children are expected to follow. We need your support to implement this.
Our Curriculum for Autumn term 2020:
- English – ‘Rapunzel and Major Glad, Major Dizzy
- Maths – We’ll be launching an exciting new scheme called ‘Maths, No Problem’.
- Science – Materials
- History – Explorers - Christopher Coloumbas / Neil Armstrong
- Geography – Our Local Area
- Computing – Digital Literacy
- P.E – Gymnastics and Invasion Games
- R.E. – Harvest and Here comes Christmas
- Music – Old Skool Hip Hop
- PSHE – Relationships and Health and Wellbeing
Our Curriculum for Spring term 2021
- English – 'Hermelin' and 'Where the Wild Things Are'
- Maths – We’ll be continuing with our new scheme called ‘Maths, No Problem’.
- Science –Seasons
- History – Toys
- Geography – How does the weather affect our lives?
- Computing – Spring 1: Computer Science: (What is a computer) Spring 2: Information Technology
- P.E – Monday - Fitness (outdoor) and Tuesday - Invasion games(indoor)
- R.E. – Spring 1:New Beginnings / Spring 2: Easter
- Music – Round and Round / In the Groove
- PSHE – Spring 1:Who is special to us? No Outsiders – To recognise that people are different ages. / Spring 2:What can we do with money?
- DT - Freestanding structures
- Art - Habitats/Plants - Sculpture/Printing
We are very excited to be introducing ‘Woodland Learning’, where children will be learning a range of new skills in our forest every week. Our session is on a Thursday afternoon and we would like the children to make the most of every session whatever the weather, so they will need to be appropriately dressed. Please make sure your child wears a tracksuit on your ‘Woodland Learning Day’: They will also need to bring in waterproof clothes in a waterproof, draw-string bag and wellington boots. As the weather becomes colder, they may also want to bring an extra jumper/fleece, an extra pair of warm socks, waterproof gloves and a warm hat. The children will be dismissed from the woodland learning area on this day.
P.E is Monday (outdoor) and Tuesday (indoor). It is essential that your child wears appropriate clothing for P.E. It is advised that you wear maroon jogging bottoms and a school jumper for the outside session. For the indoor session, you must wear black shorts and burgundy t-shirt. Black pumps or trainers must be worn for both sessions. Girls may also need to have a pair of socks to put on if they wear tights for school. Please ensure your child comes dressed in their PE kit on these day. As we have Woodland Learning as well as PE on a Tuesday, please just dress in your Woodland Leadning clothes,
How to help at home:
Practise 2,5 and 10 times tables in the first instance and continue to practice counting in 1s up to 100 and backwards to 0.
Challenge your child to complete activities on Purple Mash and Timestables Rockstars on a device at home as often as possible.
Practise reading and spelling Year 1 common exception words as regularly as possible (see link in files). These are the words that all Year 1 children MUST be able to read and spell by the end of the academic year. We have also uploaded the key words from Reception as these may need to be revised. You will find these words also in the back of your child's reading record. Please help your child to read these words.
Read with your child every night when possible or at least 3 times every week. The more you to read with your child, the better, especially as they have missed a lot of school. Daily readers will be rewarded for their commitment.
Teach your Monster to read app is fantastic to help your child with reading and developing phonic knowledge.
Files to Download
Year 1 1C: News items
Year 1 1C: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1 1C: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display