Year 1 Rainbow Bears 2019-20
Welcome to Rainbow Bears!
You can find out what we have been up to and what is coming up by checking our galleries and class blogs below. We hope you enjoy looking at our wonderful work.
Please visit regularly so that you can follow our learning journey throughout the year.
Our class teacher is Mrs Carey
Our Teaching Assistants are:
Mrs Sadler (Monday - Wednesday)
Miss Whitty (Thursday and Friday)
Indoor P.E. is on Friday- Kit; black pumps, black shorts and a Townfield t.shirt
Outdoor P.E. is on Tuesday. – Kit; joggers and a jumper (trainers optional)
P.E. kits should remain in school all week.
- Homework is given out every Friday and is due to be handed in on the following Tuesday.
- Each week there will either be a Maths or English tasks that is linked to learning that we will have been doing in class that week.
Spellings and Magic Maths
- New Spellings and Magic maths will be given out every 2 weeks on a Friday.
- Children will be tested on their spellings and Magic Maths every Friday (second test will be to beat last week’s score!)
- Please read with your child every night and bring their book to school every day.
- Books will be changed once they have read 3 times at home.
Thank you for your continued support Here are some other key ways you can help from home:
- Focus on letter formation and basic punctuation when completing homework.
- Reinforcing phonics sounds during homework or play games to spot sounds when out and about!
This term we have been exploring the features of of different types of animals including; fish, amphibiams, reptiles, mammals and birds. The children have studied and discussed the variety of physical features that each type of animal posses and sorted them according to the features.
In R.E this term we have been learning all about how we use our hands to pray, communicate and treat others.
We studied the importance of using kind hands and how this is important in helping each other out.
the children have had lots of fun using their hands to communicate through gesture and British Sign Language as can be seen below.
Music with the Rainbow Bears
Can you identify and keep to a beat?
Can you respond to pitch and tone?
Can you learn a new song that
We have been using claves to respond to and keep to a beat.