Year 2 2S 2020 - 2021
Welcome to 2S
Class Teacher: Mrs R Simmons
Teaching Assistants: Miss K Griffiths (shared with 2H)
Please do not send your child into school already in their wellies as this means there is mud all over the classroom at the start of the day. If you send their wellies in in a separate bag, the children will change into them just before they go to the forest. Thank you.
- Our Woodland Learning session is on a Monday morning and we would like the children to make the most of every session whatever the weather, so they will need to be appropriately dressed. Please make sure your child wears a tracksuit to school EVERY Monday. They will also need to bring in waterproof clothes in a waterproof, draw-string bag and wellington boots. Children will change into their wellies before they go to the forest. In colder weather, children may also want to bring an extra jumper/fleece, an extra pair of warm socks, waterproof gloves and a warm hat.
- P.E is Tuesday (outdoor) and Friday (indoor). Children MUST come to school dressed in their P.E kit. It is essential that your child wears appropriate clothing for P.E. It is advised that you wear maroon jogging bottoms and a school jumper for the outside session. For the indoor session, you must wear black shorts and burgundy t-shirt. Black pumps or trainers must be worn for both sessions. Girls may also need to have a pair of socks to put on if they wear tights for school.
- Homework will be given out on a needs basis. If we believe it is necessary for you child to complete extra learning at home, it will go out on a Thursday and will due in on a Monday.
- Reading books will be collected in on Mondays and go out on a Thursday. For the time being, to allow quarantining of books, books will not be changed daily. Please read every night with your child. We have a 2S Reading Champions board that is filled in on a weekly basis according to how many times a child has read at home. After a certain number of home reading sessions, children will be presented with bronze, silver, gold and platinum reading certificates. At the end of the academic year, the child who has read the most will also get their own engraved trophy to keep aswell as a prize.
How to help at home:
- Practise 2,5 and 10 times tables in the first instance and then move on to 3 and 4 times tables.
- Challenge your child to complete activities on Times Tables Rock Stars on a device at home as often as possible.
- Practise spelling Year 1 and Year 2 common exception words as regularly as possible (see link in files). These are the words that all Year 2 children MUST be able to spell by the end of the academic year. We have also uploaded the Year 1 common exception words as these may need to be revised.
- Read with your child every night when possible or at least 3 times every week. The more you to read with your child, the better, especially as they have missed a lot of school. Daily readers will be rewarded for their commitment.
Code of Conduct:
We will be looking at three character traits: Respect, Responsibility and Resilience. Any children following our code of conduct will be presented with Dojo points which will enable them to receive a reward. Any children breaking any part of the code of conduct will be given a warning, which may be followed by a sanction. At TPS we have a code of conduct that all children are expected to follow. We need your support to implement this.
Curriculum (Summer Term 1):
- English : Rosie Revere, Engineer (Instruction/explanation text)
- Maths : Maths, No Problem (see link in file manager for Year 2 Scheme of Work)
- Science : Plants
- History : Port Sunlight
- Geography : Comparing the geography of Kampong Ayer with Wirral
- Computing : Coding
- P.E : Athletics, Striking and Fielding
- R.E. : Me, my family and friends
- Music : Friendship Song; Reflect, rewind and replay.
- PSHE : What helps us to stay safe?
- Art : Drawing and mixed media.
Files to Download
Year 2 2S: Gallery items
Year 2 2S: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display