Year 3 3C 2020 - 2021
WELCOME TO 3C!
Ms Carr and Miss Radley
Your home learning will be set on Seesaw. Everyday you will have an English, Maths, Reading, PE and Topic based lesson. You will also have a link to Times Table Rockstars. On Wednesday you will have a PHSE activity and on Friday you will have spellings.
If you are struggling with your home learning feel free to email email@example.com
Here is a link to a helpful video for parents on how to use Seesaw:
Welcome to Year 3- we have lots of exciting things happening this year! Lots of new things added to our timetable like French and Woodland Learning! We also have a brand new maths curriculum called "Maths: No Problem!".
- PE is on Monday and Tuesday (Please come to school on those days in your PE kit, you will be wearing it all day so make sure you have suitable footwear and on colder days tracksuit bottoms.)
- Woodland Learning- Monday (Please come to school in your Woodland Learning clothes- we advise tracksuit and waterproof outer clothing)
- Reading Books will go out on Thursday and returned on Monday- the books will need to be quarantined and will not be changed on any other day. Please try and read with your child every night.
English - based on a book called "Rhythm of the Rain" by Grahame Baker Smith
Maths- Length, Mass, volume
Science - Rocks and Fossils
Geography - Magical Kingdom
History - The Stone Age
PHSE - Families
RE - Care and Concern
D&T- Healthy and Varied Diet
Music - The Dragon Song
Art - Scavengers and Settlers
Computing - Dancing Robot
We are very excited to be introducing ‘Woodland Learning’, where children will be learning a range of new skills in our forest every week. Our session is on a Thursday afternoon and we would like the children to make the most of every session whatever the weather, so they will need to be appropriately dressed. Please make sure your child wears a tracksuit on your ‘Woodland Learning Day’. They will also need to bring in waterproof clothes in a waterproof, draw-string bag and wellington boots. As the weather becomes colder, they may also want to bring an extra jumper/fleece, an extra pair of warm socks, waterproof gloves and a warm hat.
P.E is Monday (outdoor) and Tuesday (indoor). Children MUST come to school dressed in their P.E kit. It is essential that your child wears appropriate clothing for P.E. It is advised that you wear maroon jogging bottoms and a school jumper for the outside session. For the indoor session, you must wear black shorts and burgundy t-shirt. Black pumps or trainers must be worn for both sessions. Girls may also need to have a pair of socks to put on if they wear tights for school.
How to help at home
Homework will be given to support your child's learning. We value your support in helping these children to catch up the learning that they have missed.
- Reading books will be collected in on Mondays and go out on a Thursday. For the time being, to allow quarantining of books, books will not be changed daily. Please read every night with your child, supplementing school reading scheme books with your own.
- Practise 3 and 4 times tables in the first instance and then move on to 6 and 8 times tables.
- Challenge your child to complete activities on Times Tables Rock Stars on a device at home as often as possible.
- Practise spelling Year 3 common exception words as regularly as possible. These are the words that all Year 3 children MUST be able to spell by the end of the year 4. We have also uploaded the Year 1 and 2 common exception words as these may need to be revised.
- Learn the subject words that are sent home at the beginning of each block.
Code of Conduct
We will be looking at three character traits: Respect, Responsibility and Resilience. Any children following our code of conduct will be presented with ‘Dojo points’, which will enable them to receive a reward. Any children breaking any part of the code of conduct will be given a warning, which may be followed by a sanction. At TPS we have a code of conduct that all children are expected to follow. We need your support to implement this.
Files to Download
Year 3 3C: News items
Year 3 3C: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3 3C: Gallery items
Year 3 3C: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display