Year 4 4MB 2020 - 2021
Welcome to 4MB
Class Teacher: Mrs Mcloughlin / Mrs Buckley
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Cavanagh
PPA Cover: Mrs Guy
- We will be looking at three-character traits: Respect, Responsibility and Resilience. The children will be rewarded with ‘Dojo points’ in class and high expectations of behaviour will be expected from all children throughout the school day.
Our Curriculum this term:
- English – ‘The Journey’ which links with our PSHE unit that covers respect.
- Maths– We’ll be launching an exciting new scheme called ‘Maths, No Problem’.
- Science – Animals including humans/states of matter
- History– The Tudors.
- Geography– Local Area Study (how the local area has changed)
- Computing– Digital Literacy (Internet Safety)
- P.E– Gymnastics and Invasion Games (netball and basketball)
- Music – Mamma Mia
- French –Greetings and beginners French.
- PSHE – How do we treat each other with respect? How can we manage our feelings?
Every Monday the children will be taking part in ‘Woodland Learning’ . The children will be learning a range of new skills in our forest every week. Please make sure your child wears a tracksuit on their ‘Woodland Learning Day’.
We will have P.E on Wednesdays and Thursdays, both sessions will take place outdoors were possible. Please come to school on those days in your PE kit, you will be wearing it all day so make sure you have suitable footwear and on colder days tracksuit bottoms and a jumper.
How to help at home:
- Please try to read a range of books with your child for enjoyment, aim to read their school book with them at least 3 times per week. Reading books will be sent home every Thursday and must be returned on a Monday.
- Children will receive weekly spellings to learn and practise at home, as well as weekly Times Tables Rock Stars or a Purple Mash game to complete.
Files to Download
Year 4 4MB: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 4 4MB: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 4 4MB: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display