Year 5 5A 2020 - 2021
Welcome to 5A's Class Page
Here you can find out what we've been up to and what's coming up. We hope you enjoy looking at our wonderful work. Please visit again soon to follow our learning journey through the year.
Our Class Teacher is Mrs Ali
Our Teacher Assistants are Mrs Lee & Mrs Tierney.
We're looking forward to a wonderful year of learning and growing together!
Message from Mrs Ali: We appreciate this is a unusual and challenging time, and we know you might be feeling worried about the transition into Year 5 this September, but we want to reassure you that we’re here for you every step of the way and will support you with your preparations for a new school year. Things will be slightly different as we endeavour to make sure that you are kept safe in our care, but we will do our best to ensure your learning is fun and fulfilling. See you all in September! Have a great summer break.
Code of Conduct
We will be looking at 3 character traits: Respect, Responsibility, and Resilience. Any children following our code of conduct will be presented with ‘Dojo points’ which will enable them to receive a reward. Any children breaking any part of the code of conduct will be given a warning, which may be followed by a sanction. At TPS we have a code of conduct that all children are expected to follow. We need your support to implement this.
Punctuality & Attendance
We are keen to ensure that every pupil attends well and at least achieves our school target of 97%:
- Children should be in school on time by 8.45
- Registers are taken at 8:55am.
- Holidays are not permitted during term time unless in exceptional circumstances. Parents who remove their children from school during term time will be fined.
- We will give incentives for good attendance.
We believe that it’s important that you look smart in your TPS uniform and represent our school with pride. We ask you to start the new academic year by ensuring that you wear full TPS uniform. Please note the following:
· You are allowed to wear studs.
No trainers (including black trainers)
· No extreme haircuts (including undercuts, number 1 cuts, hair gel)
· Long hair to be tied back (including boys)
· Black/brown/blonde elastic bobbles. If wearing a headband it must be burgundy and no ribbons or bows.
· No Jo-Jo bows
· No false nails or nail varnish
· No additional jewellery to earrings and a watch.
Our indoor PE session is Wednesday.
Our outdoor PE session is Thursday.
Please make sure P.E kits stay in school all week. Tracksuits (please see school newsletter for more information) will be needed as the weather starts to get a bit colder!
We are very excited to be introducing ‘Woodland Learning’, where you will be learning a range of new skills in our forest every week. We want you to make the most of every session whatever the weather, so you will need to be appropriately dressed. Please make sure you wear a tracksuit on your ‘Woodland Learning Day’:
Monday – Mrs Ali (5A)
You will also need to bring in waterproof clothes in a waterproof, draw-string bag and wellington boots. As the weather becomes colder you may also want to bring an extra jumper/fleece, an extra pair of warm socks, waterproof gloves and a warm hat.
A home-learning task is given out on a Monday and should be returned completed on the following Friday.
Children will receive either a piece of handwriting or SPAG activity. Children will have a weekly Times Tables Rock Stars or a Purple Mash game to also complete too.
Times Tables Rock Stars
Every child has a unique username and password for Times Table Rock Stars (TTRS). Your child can practise their speed and accuracy in a fun and engaging way. The app can be downloaded onto home devices for access at home.
Please also try to read every night! Reading records will need a minimum of 3 reads recorded in the reading record. Children who show enthusiastic reading and achieve 5 times in a week, will be entered into the ‘Strive for Five’ draw.
In Year 5, we practise the Year 5/6 Common Exception Words.Spellings can be practised every night using the look, say, cover, write, check method. Spelling tests are every Wednesday and test the weekly spellings as presented in the spelling list.
Autumn Term Curriculum
- English – ‘Where We Stand Now’, which links to our Science topic on ‘Earth and Space’
- Maths – We’ll be launching an exciting new scheme called ‘Maths, No Problem’.
- History – The Victorian era.
- Geography – Physical geography (volcanoes, earthquakes and vegetation belts)
- Computing – Coding
- P.E – Gymnastics and Invasion Games (Tag Rugby and Hockey)
- Music – Rock & Jazz
- French – Greetings and beginner's French.
- PSHE – Relationships - How can friends communicate safely?
Files to Download
Year 5 5A: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 5 5A: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 5 5A: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 5 5A: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display