Year 5 5R 2020 - 2021
Welcome to 5R's Class Page
Welcome back to our 5R class page, due to lockdown Home Learning has been set for all children on Seesaw digital learning platform.
To access this, the following guidelines may help:
1. Read the title and date to check it's the right task for that day.
2. Read the brief description of what the task is.
3. Listen to the voice recording, if there is one.
4. At the left hand side there will be an image linked, click on that, it could be the book cover, a link, a video tutorial depending on what the task is.
5. Finally, there is a green tab below, click on the + sign and it will take you to the activity for the task along with more information, extracts etc and tell you what has to be completed.
6. When you have completed each part of the task click the green tick in the top right hand corner to submit it.
7. If you have written into your book, you can take a photograph and attach it via Seesaw.
The following web video tutorials may also be helpful:
Please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Mrs Risk and Mrs Lee.
Spring 1 Term.
Here you can find out what we've been up to and what exciting things are planned for the term ahead. We hope you enjoy looking at our fabulous learning. Please visit again soon to follow our learning journey through the year.
Our Class Teacher is Mrs Risk.
Our Teacher Assistants are Mrs Lee and Miss White.
We're looking forward to an exciting term ahead as we begin 2021. Our aim is to work hard, be kind to each other and achieve our goals.
Code of Conduct
We will be looking at 3 character traits: Respect, Responsibility, and Resilience. Any children following our code of conduct will be presented with ‘Dojo points’ which will enable them to receive a reward. Any children breaking any part of the code of conduct will be given a warning, which may be followed by a sanction. At TPS we have a code of conduct that all children are expected to follow. We need your support to implement this.
Punctuality & Attendance
We are keen to ensure that every pupil attends well and at least achieves our school target of 97%:
- Children should be in school on time by 8.45am.
- Registers are taken at 8:55am.
- Holidays are not permitted during term time unless in exceptional circumstances. Parents who remove their children from school during term time will be fined.
- We will give incentives for good attendance.
We believe that it’s important that you look smart in your TPS uniform and represent our school with pride. We ask you to start the new academic year by ensuring that you wear full TPS uniform. Please note the following:
· You are allowed to wear studs.
No trainers (including black trainers)
· No extreme haircuts (including undercuts, number 1 cuts, hair gel)
· Long hair to be tied back (including boys)
· Black/brown/blonde elastic bobbles. If wearing a headband it must be burgundy and no large/oversized ribbons or bows.
· No false nails or nail varnish
· No additional jewellery to earrings and a watch.
Our indoor PE session is Thursday.
Our outdoor PE session is Wednesday.
Please make sure P.E kits stay in school all week. Tracksuits (please see school newsletter for more information) will be needed as the weather starts to get a bit colder!
We are very excited to be introducing ‘Woodland Learning’, where you will be learning a range of new skills in our forest every week. We want you to make the most of every session whatever the weather, so you will need to be appropriately dressed. Please make sure you wear a tracksuit on your ‘Woodland Learning Day’:
Tuesday – Mrs Risk (5R)
You will also need to bring in waterproof clothes in a waterproof, draw-string bag and wellington boots. As the weather becomes colder you may also want to bring an extra jumper/fleece, an extra pair of warm socks, waterproof gloves and a warm hat.
How to help at home:
Children will receive Magic Maths and Spellings each week.
Times Tables Rock Stars
Every child has a unique username and password for Times Table Rock Stars (TTRS). Your child can practise their speed and accuracy in a fun and engaging way. The app can be downloaded onto home devices for access at home.
Please also try to read every night! Due to the current situation Reading books will be given out on a Thursday and collected in on Monday.
In Year 5, we practise the Year 5/6 Common Exception Words.Spellings can be practised every night using the look, say, cover, write, check method. Spelling tests will take the form of a dictation and are every Wednesday based on the spellings set each week. We will also be catching up on Year 3/4 Common Exception words during our Handwriting session each week.
Our curriculum this term:
Spring Term 1 Curriculum
- English – 'Henry's Freedom Box' written by Ellen Levine. A story of slavery and one man's escape to a life of freedom. This links in with our History topic on The Slave Trade'.
- Maths – We will be learning about Fractions, Decimals, Percentages, Statistics, Graphs and Geometry; Properties of shape.
- History – The Slave Trade and it's links with Liverpool.
- Geography – Why is fair trade fair?
- Computing – Volcano animations.
- PE – Dance and Basketball.
- Music – Pop Ballads (Make you feel my love).
- French – Greetings and beginner's French continued.
- PSHE – What decisions can people make with money?
- Science - Changing Materials. We will be investigation Insulation, Dissolving, Properties of Materials and Irreversible changes.
Files to Download
Year 5 5R: News items
Year 5 5R: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 5 5R: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 5 5R: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display