Free School Meals
Checking eligibility is now quick and easy through our Online Free School Meals system. Simply click the link Online Free School Meals and enter your details. The system will automatically check your eligibility and notify Townfield; your child will be entitled to a free school meal and the associated benefits, from the day we receive confirmation, so don't delay.
All children from reception, year 1 and year 2 infants are entitled to a free school meal under the Government’s Universal Free School Meals scheme). Applications for Free School Meals should not to be confused with the Governments universal free school meals scheme. If your child qualifies for a universal free meal and would also quality for free school meals under the eligibility criteria, please STILL APPLY. If you meet the above criteria, it is important to apply as this registers your child for pupil premium; additional funding available for school and entitles your child to discounted school and residential trips for their entire school life at Townfield Primary.
You may not realise you are eligible - Check your FSM eligibility
Even if you do not current meet the eligibility criteria, it is certainly worthwhile completing your application to ensure should your circumstances change, any eligibility will be updated at the earliest opportunity.
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
• Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guarantee element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit