We aim to provide our pupils with an engaging and empowering curriculum that equips them for today and tomorrow, building on their natural curiosity and thirst for new experiences and knowledge.
We view the curriculum as the totality of every planned/unplanned experience and interaction that pupils encounter within our school. It informs every aspect of our practice and culture from academic content to the personal development of characteristics and virtues.
Our curriculum aims to improve the life chances of all children by ensuring each child becomes:
- A resilient individual, who tackles challenges positively and makes good progress by knowing more and learning more.
- A respectful person who values other people’s perspectives, beliefs and differences in culture, gender and sexuality.
- A responsible citizen, able to live a safe and healthy life and also make a positive contribution to society.
We will provide:
- A broad, carefully planned and sequenced curriculum, ensuring new knowledge and skills build on what has been taught before and towards clearly defined end points.
- A curriculum where knowledge and skills are constantly revisited and refreshed to ensure that they become embedded as there has been an alteration in the children’s long term memory.
- A curriculum that encourages a positive attitude towards learning, curiosity and analytical thinking and develops creativity and independence
- A curriculum which builds on the interests, strenghts, talents and experiences of all our pupils, providing the "cultural capital" (the best knowledge, skills and understandings) they need to succeed in life.
- Widening of horizons and raising aspirations about the world of work and further education.
- A curriculum that provides equal access to learning for all pupils, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support
- A curriculum that support pupils' personal and moral development, through our Townfield values of respect, responsibility and resilience.
- A curriculum that promotes: Global, Social, Health, Environmental, Financial, Entrepreneurial, Spiritual, Social and Cultural awareness