In accordance with Townfield Primary School's mission statement we will ensure:-
- equal human rights are respected for all
- our pupils are educated regarding equality
Please see our Equality Policy Statement and Equality Information & Data for further information.
Full details of our Equality Objectives can be found below in our Equality Objectives Policy. Our main objectives are
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development though all appropriate curricular and extracurricular opportunities
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum
- To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning behaviours and avoid labelling
- To narrow the gap in attainment in all subjects between different groups (boys and girls, pupil premium and non pupil premium)
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school
- To eradicate prejudice relating to bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities
We aim to be a close school community where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We want everyone to reach their potential, and recognise that for some pupils extra support is needed to help them to achieve and be successful. We are required to publish equality information as well as equality objectives, which show how we plan to reduce or remove particular inequalities or disadvantages. This information is reviewed and updated annually.
We welcome our general duty under the Equality Act 2010 to eliminate discrimination, to advance equality of opportunity and to foster good relations, and our specific duties to publish information every year about our school population; to explain how we have due regard for equality; and to publish equality objectives which show how we plan to tackle particular inequalities, and reduce or remove them. The equality duty supports good education and improves pupil outcomes. It helps us as a school to identify priorities such as underperformance, poor progression, and bullying. It does this by requiring us to collate evidence, take a look at the issues and consider taking action to improve the experience of different groups of pupils. It then helps us to focus on what can be done to two tackle these issues and to improve outcomes by developing measurable equality objectives.
We shall achieve this through:
- implementing required policies and procedures
- ensuring appropriate training for all our staff
- school assemblies and special events
- our curriculum and interaction with all members of our school community
- our communications, website and publications
- our ethos and values
- our daily interactions with parents and other visitors
- appropriate oversight by school leaders and Governing Body
- our identified school objectives
You can all find below our Trust Mission Statement and Equality Objectives.