TPS is part of Rainbow Education Multi Academy Trust
Exciting news for Townfield Primary - we've joined Rainbow Education from 1st September 2021
What is a Multi Academy Trust (MAT)?
TPS converted from a Single Academy Trust (SAT) to join Rainbow Education becoming part of their Multi Academy Trust (MAT), which means we will become part of a Trust containing more than one academy.
Change is worrying, should I be concerned?
Absolutely not! Despite challenges faced by TPS, school is in a strong position with fantastic staff and children. Joining Rainbow Education has not only brought fantastic opportunities for our children and school, but has also meant we have been able to share our wealth of skills and knowledge with other schools in the MAT.
What does this mean for my child?
In reality, any changes will occur in the background so children, parents, carers and the wider school community will not be aware of any changes in school. School ethos and values will remain the same, as will our staff and the day to day running of the school, including the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team. Any changes will be subtle, so as not to cause disruption, and will be positive changes.
What changes has this conversation to a MAT brought or will it bring?
As above, there have been no real noticeable changes to children, parents/carers or the wider community. However there will be some changes, but these will not have any negative impact and Townfield’s needs will remain the priority at school. Some changes will be:-
- Our “branding” will now include the Rainbow Education MAT logo (this will not be included on uniforms)
- Our email addresses changed slightly, but these are all available on on website - please see the Contact Us page (in the About Us section).
- School will have a huge range of resources available once part of the MAT – this will benefit all children
- In addition to resources, school will have access to a wide range of education experts who will work in collaboration with school to continually improve standards and achievements at TPS
- Our Governance will change meaning we will be recruiting new "Governors" who will be known as Local Academy Councillors (LACs) to strengthen School’s vision and strategic planning. We will also be recruiting Parent LACs in 2022 – details on how to apply will be sent in due course
- Some of our school systems will change, meaning school will work with new and improved systems – any changes will be notified ahead of time but to keep you in the loop we can confirm that our internal school systems for student records will be changing meaning you will be required to re-register your School Spider log in (please do not re-register until advised by school). School will be also introducing ParentPay , which is used by many local schools and is very user friendly
Where can I find more information about the Rainbow Trust?
Details of the Rainbow Trust and the other schools which are part of their MAT can be found on their website. You will see that all schools in the MAT are either good or outstanding, which we hope is reassuring to you. In addition, the Rainbow Trust has recently been awarded Teaching Hub School status which is testament to their commitment to developing children both educationally and as young citizens.
Rainbow Education Multi Academy Trust
The Old Education Offices
Huyton Hey Road
Tel: 0151 966 8060
All enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org